Thursday, January 11, 2007

Apology

Ok, now when I created this blog I never intended for it to be political in any way. I sit here at 2200 hours listening to a local news program. I find it ridiculous that Senators and Congressmen/women sit behind the first Amendment and criticize the President for his job. He is the Commander-in-Chief. Yet, Congress sees fit too take over that job. I do believe in a strict interpretation of the Constitution and believe that the powers of Congress are spelled out perfectly. I am a firm believer in Sedition Acts and (unless the leader messes up majorly) never speaking out or against him. Where did Americans go wrong? It is common place to liken the conflict in Iraq to the one in Vietnam, however, it is nothing like it. I could go into many details as to how it is different . . . but that may take too long. Does the spirit of the hippies linger in the craw of many Americans? Yes. And with the hippie-sense of questioning government officials, I ponder if their atheistic, anarchyl approach lives on. I fear it does. I pray that God can change the hearts and minds of Americans. One other point to touch on: Do you ever hear non-voters complain about politicians ? I do. I simply tell them if they didn't vote to shut up. I did vote and I have a right to complain. (I don't though unless it's about her. . . .) Sorry to go off like that. It bothers me.

1 Comments:

At 9:06 AM, Blogger Newsy joked...

Here Here!! there is no need for an apology. We totally agree with you. Often people assume that the media contains the popular opinion but really its only the opinion the media wish was popular.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home