Friday, August 04, 2006

Out with the old and in with the . . . .

New! Yesterday on my way to Virginia, I was thinking. Yes, it was difficult to see the road through all the smoke in the car. What was I thinking about? The current Israeli-Hezbollah situation, How the Republicans can win the state of Minnesota over and re-capture the presidency in 2008, What color I should dye my hair and if my mustache and goatee need to be dyed? While all are good things to think about, the topic I was deep in thought about was CDs. Not about the explicit lyric stuff or anything; rather, how I've really wanted a certain CD and in two weeks, I kick it to the curb for a new one. I own appx. 200 CDs, 60% of which are burned. The sad thing about that fact is that 75% of the songs on those burned CDs are the same songs. But I digress. At one point in time I longed for the new LA Symphony for months, when it came out I listened to it for 2 weeks then I moved on to the new TFK (I still occasionally listen to that one). But a week or so later I moved onto MxPx, Project 86, David Crowder, and Pillar. I still haven't listened to all of those CDs. Which brings me to my contention: I am ADHD in a musical sense. I cannot listen to a CD for 2 weeks without wanting more new stuff. I get bored with my music easily. My prayer is that I grow out of this, however, with the ever-changing sound of music and my insatiable "lust" for good tunes; it looks bleak. K-Man out!

3 Comments:

At 1:42 PM, Blogger JC joked...

You should just use iTunes and download the songs you want.

 
At 1:19 PM, Blogger Graceland King joked...

If it makes you feel better, I put a cd in and listen to it for like 2 months...too lazy to change it.

 
At 5:15 PM, Blogger Newsy joked...

1. you left without saying goodbye.
2. you left without saying goodbye.
3. it was your night to close
but more importantly...

4. you left without saying goodbye!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home