Monday, May 08, 2006

Progress

I have been busy lately. Not just with making sure Morgenholt is safely dead. With stuff that "matters". I thought it'd be nice to share the progress of my final art project: a print.
This is the picture I started with. It's some citrus fruits. 2 blood oranges, 2 lemons, and a grapefruit.


This is the image enlarged and traced out on tracing paper. There is charcoal on the back so I can trace it out on to a piece of plexi-glass and masking tape.

This is the same image. I cut it out using an exacto-knife and "inked" it. I am ready to make the final print. And here it is:
I made some minor adjustments to the fruit. Instead of having 2 blood oranges,2 lemons and a grapefruit; I chose to have 1 lime, 1/2 lemon, 1 orange, 1 blood orange, and 1 ruby red grapefruit. So that's my last art project. This post serves no purpose other than to say I actually have some creativity.

4 Comments:

At 4:14 PM, Blogger Graceland King joked...

You are talented, but I can't believe you didn't go with my suggestion.

 
At 1:22 PM, Blogger JC joked...

that really is pretty cool. I really like the initial print. what class was that for?

 
At 12:41 PM, Blogger [ brooke ] joked...

martha stewart is obsessed with blood oranges

 
At 7:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous joked...

everything you touch is golden. youre are is beautiful. did you notice me on 2 Fridays ago? I saw you. And I will see you this Friday night. I'll be wearing a red shirt. Loves my hunk of man.

Stalker

 

Post a Comment

<< Home