Sunday, April 02, 2006

Aftershave

I must give credit when it is due. The idea of this post came from Natalie Pearson. I was searching the depths of my mind looking for a topic to post on. I asked for a suggestion and she gave me: Aftershave. I thought after my post about deodorant it'd be a nice follow-through. So here goes . . .

I don't shave often as many can tell . . . and few can not tell. Back to the topic at hand. But when I used to have to shave (for ROTC purposes) I used one in particular called "Wild Range". It was a gift from my grandpa on my 14th birthday. It smelled like something he'd wear. . . not me. Anyway, I did not feel like I was worthy of the term "Wild". I doi, however, live on the "Range" so I felt that part was already fulfilled. I bought into the concept that if I shaved and used it afterwards; I'd grow into the "wild" part of it.
I took a good look inside of myself and noticed a sure lack of "wild" and a diminishing "range" mindset, I moved to Aqua Velva- Glacier. That was a mistake. It made me smell like a cheap, beer-swilling, leisure suit wearing ,comb-over, scuz-ball. I eventually decided that particular aftershave was not for me.
Before my grandpa passed away I asked him, "Grandpa, why do men wear aftershave?" He responded to my question cordially (one of the few times he answered a stupid question with kindness) by saying, "I don't wear it. . . I pawned that bottle off on you."

2 Comments:

At 5:07 PM, Blogger JC joked...

I can't believe you pulled that post off!

 
At 7:10 PM, Blogger [ brooke ] joked...

sweet

 

Post a Comment

<< Home