Monday, January 14, 2008

Call me Ishmael.

Or don't. You can call me Aaron from now on, if you don't mind. Yes, that's right. After almost 8 years of going by the moniker of Kranny; I decided to grow into my adult years with a suave, sophisticated, adult name . . . My birth name. And to be honest, there's more to the name change than just the one reason I gave. The true reason behind the change is: there are 2 people living in my mind and heart. The one that most of you all know is Kranny. And he's the one who is argumentative, juvenile, and rude. He is not really me. Then there's Aaron who's the one nobody knows. He doesn't like to argue, he's more mellow and he's more polite. They're opposites. I know that the different people sounds a little crazy or a lot crazy (like schizophrenia or Gollum) but the matter stems from God showing me that there's the one he knows (that's Aaron) and then there's the one that people know (Kranny). Or another way to view it is that Kranny is a stage persona, while Aaron is the real one. So, that's it. I've decided that I'm going to start going by Aaron. I ask that you all would help me out by addressing me as such. Have a good day.

3 Comments:

At 3:01 PM, Blogger JC joked...

Wow, this is quite cool....Aaron. I will do so. This means I must edit settings in my email, blogs, and instant message, but I will do so happily. What a great way to start off a new year. God has big things in store for you!

 
At 10:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous joked...

No I will not call you drew

 
At 11:47 AM, Blogger Jamylou joked...

Well, Son, I'm happy to see that you're finally going by your birth name. I think it's a rather mature thing to do. Besides, Aaron is a great name. Let it be that not only God knows the real "Aaron," but that his friends do too. Put the past in the past and press on towards that which God has for you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home