Sunday, January 27, 2008

The Whole Dang Crew

Now that I have your attention. I'll start by saying that I am not bringing an end to the crew. Well, I suppose I could end it, but I'd have to start one to disband it. Anyone game? If you are shoot me a message. But I'll move along.

It is my belief that some people don't want me to change. I am trying to better myself with the decisions I've made of late. Going to Aaron instead of the nickname Kranny, choosing to listen to God and shave off my facial hair, keeping quiet if I have nothing of importance to say, avoiding arguments with others, living with my health situation, and trying to focus on my relationship with God. Now, those are all choices I've made because they are more reflective of me. And, admittedly, I have endured some pain over the last week or so and regressed back into my defensive shell. I know that is off track a little but it needed to be said. Moving on . . .

The choices: Aaron is who I am (as previously stated). I can't really explain shaving off my beard/goatee/mustache other than to say that God told me to months ago and I went half way (only recently to go 100% with it). And in past circumstances, I've said I would never shave my face for any reason. It's a good thing God likes to over-step those boundaries we set in our lives. It had been 5 years of continual growth on the facial hair only trimming.

As far as keeping quiet if nothing of relevance needs be spoken the proverb 'It is better to keep quiet and let others assume you a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." applies. I know that in prior times and even of late I have annoyed others with mindless chatter and it can get bothersome. I hope that I can keep this up this discipline. Tying into my argumentativeness, I argue and debate with others regularly. I am not always privy to those debates. I often times feel obligated to argue and debate because I have been doing it for so long. I don't really like to do that, but I always do it. Paul even struggled with doing things he didn't want to do. That's me (coincidentally). So, now I try and avoid the whole scenario. (Even if it means being trapped into one and up and leaving the scene.)

As my health goes, I am guessing God chose to allow me to be Diabetic for some reason. I don't know what His reasons are; but one day I will get a great testimony of healing. Truth be known though, I'd like to know the reasons because I realize that the whole situation has helped me focus on my "education", friendships, relationship with God, and even my own health. I know God does all things for a reason. So, as I've discussed with a couple people recently, there's a reason that God is changing my heart, outer appearance, and my stance on/in life. I don't know what it is or possibly for who. I don't think that I will end up with a guaranteed marriage out of it. Honestly, it's far from my mind but yet in the forefront because I'm curious about why he's guiding me down these paths. The only thing I know is that I have to remain faithful. And as far as my beard goes. I have to ask God to grow it back and he hasn't laid it on my heart to ask for. So, for the time being I am a baby-face. Ok, maybe not baby-face just clean-shaven.

2 Comments:

At 11:56 PM, Blogger Shainerz joked...

i think its great that u have been able to focus more on things like your relationship with God, your education, and health. praying for u and asking God to continue working in my brother in Christ!

 
At 10:42 AM, Blogger Jamylou joked...

Aaron, keep pressing on. It may not be easy and you may have moments of regressing, but don't give up. God has great things in store for you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home