Saturday, February 02, 2008

Pure Life

I recently started drinking more water. Why? I'm trying to cut calories from Diet soda. Ok. There are zero calories in diet soda. The truth is that I wanted to try and lose some more weight. And one way I've heard is that drinking water instead of soda can aid because there's less sodium going into your "system." But that's not why I'm posting. I am posting anew because I noticed tonight that the bottle is labeled Pure Life. I am sure that bottled water is does not lead to a pure life. But, this is hard to follow so here we go.
Jesus claimed that He is the water of life. So, we drink his water, we begin to live more purely. Much the same way, I drink this bottle of "purified water~ with 'minerals added'" I can purify my flesh and bone body. Water in both the spiritual sense and secular sense is viewed as something that cleanses. And that is what I am (and in theory, we all are striving for): a pure life. both spiritually, and physically. Besides, this bottled agua has to be healthier for me than that chemical soup the city offers me.

3 Comments:

At 10:25 AM, Blogger Faye... joked...

very good observation Kranny! If you look...at almost every turn in life you will see a spiritual parallel running right along side the natural. hmmm I like how you noticed that. Numbers are very significant in spiritual things also, along with the natural.
later...

 
At 7:25 AM, Blogger Graceland King joked...

"Water's better. It keeps you cool and hydrated."

 
At 12:52 PM, Blogger dangeresque dan joked...

Thanks Bobby.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home