Sunday, March 27, 2005

Happy Easter,

I won't front on that topic. I said Happy Easter and I meant it. Thursday, I was watching Fox News and as some dude was saying his little piece on this weekend and what it means; he said "Happy Holiday." Granted, I know this isn't the true date of Easter, but at least if you want to give the history of the occasion and what it means to many Christians; have decency to stand up to the radically left-wing nut jobs and say "HAPPY EASTER my CHRISTIAN brethren." I mean it gives me insight that many of the people on the air who claim to be Christian are scared to say it.

This isn't a normal post for me. I try to stray away from political topics and such by going towards other more different ones. However, I think I owe this one to God.

Back to the topic at hand now, why is it that we as Christians just let the world dictate when we celebrate the resurrection of the Lord? The day we honor him is a pagan holiday. The True date of the Resurrection came in the Passover not 3 weeks before it. For those who don't know how the calendar people determine the Day many consider Holy, this is the process: It's the first Sunday after the first full moon after the Spring Equinox (Pastor Allen Reini). If I remember correctly that was a Celtic holiday.

I suppose I said all that to get here. We shouldn't use a pagan holiday to honor Christ. He went to the cross and died for us. He didn't suffer the beatings and the piercing for us to honor him on a heathen Holiday.

In addendum. . . . Now, we as Christians should honor Christ everyday; not just one. We should remember what he did daily because daily we commit the sins he went to the Cross to forgive.

Kranny

7”Then go quickly and tell his disciples: "He has risen from the dead and is going ahead of you into Galilee. There you will see him.' Now I have told you.” Matthew 28:7

1 Comments:

At 8:42 AM, Blogger JC joked...

You go preacher Kran Man. Well done!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home