Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Let's call it 6 months

Let me begin this post by saying Happy Birthday to Brooke Ellen Devine. Why the middle name? I dunno . . . because it sounds like Brooklyn if you say it fast?? Ok, digression. . . . . . . .

This post is a reminiscence (vocab word of the day) of how things were 6 months or so ago. I had just turned 22 and was feeling high. I was seeing a girl named Kelly (seeing- 2 dates [if you can call them that]). I was on top of the world. We had taken 3rd in softball. Everyone was getting ready to head off to school. Amber was on her way to Austin. I joked "Ya know, HCC will have openings 2nd semester." (Watch this smooooooth transition)
The NFL season was upon us. Baseball was ending. I was gainfully unemplyed. It was a different season. We had 70 degree heat and 5 mph winds.
Everyone seemed to be scurrying around trying to prepare for the Minnesota winter rapidly approaching. The shorts went away and out came the other shorts.

And now, I'm 22 1/2 and no longer see Kelly. I don't even talk to her. I am preparing for softball to come around again. People are preparing to head home (for spring break). Amber has returned home from Austin and attends HCC. ( Even smoother transition)
The Steelers won the Super Bowl. I'm now gainfully (un)employed. It is the new season. The baseball season cometh. We have 5 degree heat and 70 mph winds (maybe a bit exaggerated). Everyone scurries in preparation for . . . . the Minnesota winter (end). The shorts have stayed and the others are ready to come out.

Take a look back and think about where you were 6 months ago and the changes that have come about. It's interesting. Read some old blog posts and enjoy them. You will see the hardtimes God has brought you through and the blessings he has given you.

4 Comments:

At 4:26 PM, Blogger [ brooke ] joked...

Thank you!! :)

 
At 8:06 PM, Blogger Shainerz joked...

Never say never! That's for sure. "No, I miss Hibbing, but I can't transfer back." Ha. Funny how things work...
I also said I'd never get a myspace. That wasn't successful either :P

I find it weird. Lately when I've been reading the book "Beauty Beyond the Ashes" and checking peoples (you and Bobbie's) blogs afterwards, I just get done reading similar ideas. The author was talking about (literally just got done reading this)how when we look back in the past we'll see how God has worked in our lives, even if we weren't aware of it. I think that kind of has to do with how you said "You will see the hardtimes God has brought you through and the blessing he has given you." Cool.

Yay for spring!

 
At 12:37 PM, Blogger jac-atac joked...

Um, excuse me, why are you putting B's FULL NAME for all to see on the internet??? Does anyone care about privacy? THERE SHOULD BE NO LAST NAMES ON BLOGS, expecially for the last name of said girl.

 
At 9:20 AM, Blogger JC joked...

Jac does have a point...

6 months...I can't even begin...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home