Sunday, February 19, 2006

The Mild Warm Truth

Ok this "frigid" weekend turned out to be nothing but a hoax. I had my best shorts out for the coldness. I was expecting the absolute worst. I expected to walk outside and see every living thing frozen still. All matter frozen. I was expecting temperatures to be below absolute zero. Sadly, the coldestI saw was -16. What a disappointment. My step-mother asked me Friday night, "Why are you wearing shorts?" then proceded to tell me, "If you break down; you're going to freeze." Apparently, she forgot a few things. 1. I am in Hibbing. It's like 3 blocks to any "warm" building. 2. I have a cellphone. If a breakdown occurs, help is only 4 phone calls away. 3. If I break down, I have a while until I begin to "freeze". Lastly, I've gone through worse conditions. -16 is not that big of a deal. If it were say -60 perhaps I may reconsider wearing longer shorts (also known as pants . . . pantaloons to my friends from 15th century.) Moving on. . . . .

This week is going to mad fun and rather. . . . emotional? I think that's the right word. I get to embarrass myself beyond all belief when I try to dance away. But that's not the icing on the cake. Rather, this is: I will be wearing . . . pants. Also, I have to see my "mom" marry one of my best-friends.

1 Comments:

At 6:34 AM, Blogger Graceland King joked...

Whoa, oedipus complex!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home