Friday, January 13, 2006

I've Returned

So you probably didn't notice my absence in posting. I've been busy what with school starting and my computer being in the shop (the power button broke). This semester will be interesting. I am sure to have homework and fun. But I will try and make this a real post. . .

Last night I was watching a program on the Discovery Channel on the Anaconda. It was very interesting. I don't remember all of the particulars of it, but from what I do remember I will share with you my readers.
A female anaconda can give birth to between 10 & 40 babies. Of those new snakes a small percentage will make it to adulthood. From older anacondas, cayman, vultures, piranha, and big cats, the weak are weeded out. It is kind of cool to think about. Many tribes in the Amazon river basin believe the anaconda to be a "queen". The queen of the Amazon in reality. They (the villagers) worry about the anaconda stealing chickens and pigs. So they call in some dude and he takes it out. . . . What a way to treat a queen. But the one fact I didn't know is that. Anaconda don't kill something by cutting off the oxygen intake. They crush the body around the heart and prevent the heart from sending newly oxygenized blood to the brain which renders the victim unconscious. It was VERY cool to watch. And I already knew this but it makes a good statement to end a post with: a pod of piranha can strip flesh to bone in less than a minute. I don't intend to go swimming with them. . . I may send this fellow though. . .

Dan-aconda

1 Comments:

At 2:27 PM, Blogger JC joked...

LOL- you are B-A-D

I saw on FX once a guy going in to get an Anaconda out. He actually got bit and had to finish "bagging" the snake and then he got to go to the hopsital. He got the serum just in time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home