Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Playa

I am in mourning this morning. I lost a childhood hero. This is the player that gave me an interest in baseball. I would always demand to be Kirby in pick-up games. To me, he will always be the greatest player in Twins history.
It has become even more evident to me that the media is controlled by satan. It doesn't matter how good of a life you live, how popular you are, how close you are to God; there will be some medium to take note of your biggest follies. I overlook them. We all waver and fall short of the glory of God. Who are we to take note and keep a ledger of others' mistakes?
Personally, I will miss the man, the legend, my childhood hero. I will always remember his game 6 performance of the 1991 WS. That is Kirby to me. And one last time: Starting at centerfield #34 KIR-beeeeeeeeee PUCK-it."

(the video may take a few minutes to load but it's well worth it.)

1 Comments:

At 10:42 AM, Blogger Jilb joked...

Very sad.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home