Wednesday, March 01, 2006

These are the time that try men's souls

Today is March 1st. (see it says so ^^^ somewhere). We've endured through 5 months of snow. We only have 2 more to go. This is the time of year when Minnesota weather becomes the craziest. I don't refer to my level of craziness; rather the level of those people who move to Montana for the nature. It's a cloudy day, moderately warm, kind of windy. I've seen many grey skies in the past months. I'd like to say the new coverage brings hope; hope for a new tomorrow. But I think we all know full well what those clouds bring: more snow. My very first post was about ways to have fun in the snow. I've added a few other ways to have fun. So here is a new list . . .

Put some lawn furniture and sit outside in shorts and t-shirts with long-johns showing. Drink some Coke and order some Chinese.

Take up winter golf. Paint a series purple & bright green circles out in your yard and hit orange golf balls at it.

Get a keg of rootbeer and shovel off a deck. Then invite a bunch of people over and have a bbq.

Get a group of friends and go caroling outside old peoples' houses. But don't sing Christmas songs; sing Easter/spring songs.

That's all I could come up with. I do accept other suggestions. The whole winter thing is getting old now. I say we start acting like it's summer. Get out there and have some fun!

2 Comments:

At 5:36 PM, Blogger Newsy joked...

That was eliquent. Try sledding down and hill in a canoe.

 
At 6:02 PM, Blogger JC joked...

Ha! It was 72 today (above 0 that is). We had no coats on and our doorwall open! Whoohooo!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home