Thursday, February 23, 2006

The syndicate

I find it hard to post on new material. It is never a lack of imagination or ingenuity. I try and change up the flavor of my blog. I suppose if I weren't so sick; it may be easier to come up with the material. I've thought about posting on how after howevermany years they still can't make a cough syrup that tastes good. I am by no means a professional "Tussin" drinker but I've had my fair share of the "monkey snot" (my childhood name for cough syrup). I suppose we have it better than my parents' generation. They could get legally intoxicated from a sip off the bottle. But then again my great-granparents generation grew up with tonics and potions that caused Lord-knows-what. But the people who got the worst end of the stick were my Great-Great-Grandparents; they got straight whiskey. Ok, I just read what I wrote. I meant for it to be a short post about the lacking taste of cough syrup; not an essay on my family's history on cough prevention.

2 Comments:

At 6:32 AM, Blogger Graceland King joked...

Whatever your post was meant to be, it was a truly insightful look at your family cough syrup history. kudos to you

 
At 8:45 AM, Blogger Colonel Havoc joked...

As I woke up today, my 1st thought was, "I wonder if there are any thoughtful recollections of a family's entire history of cough suppresence available to read over my morning coffee?"

My coffee is done. I have read your blog. My day is complete.

I could go back to bed, except for a wonderful Wedding and that darn DDR Party.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home