Thursday, March 02, 2006

Grooming

I've been deep in thought the last few days. What constitutes "deep in thought"? I don't know. I'm normally not a deep person. The deepest I get is when I go swimming. (It a joke; get it?) Back on track . . . I've been deep in thought about a sort of grooming that occurs. I don't refer to personal grooming; more of a social/relational grooming.
My stepsister has suggested to me in the past that if I intend to enter marriage one day; I have to succumb to the female gender's social grooming. "What do you mean?" I queried. She told me that women look for a guy who is willing to adapt to her sense of nature. For instance, a girl is looking for a guy that she can play dress up with, is willing to take interests in what she has interests in, and is willing to subject himself to emotional movies. I've conducted a small study among my friends both married and dating. The results seem conclusive to the hypothesis. (I won't mention the names of the subjects.)
To sum it all up: If I am to enter marriage or any sort of romantic relationship, I have a few things to change about myself. I have to dress so bad that women feel a need to dress me up. I also have to take interests that girls have (e.g. shopping and make-up). I also have to start exposing myself to the genre so commonly referred to as "Chickimus flickimas". According to my stepsister’s advice that should give me all I need right?

3 Comments:

At 3:08 PM, Blogger SuperStar joked...

No way, change something? What a new concept!
LOL. Loves.

 
At 7:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous joked...

Changing yourself tears down whom you are in the Lord's eyes. You should take Shainerz's advice. God will respect that. And by the way, I'll always love you.

Stalker

 
At 8:45 AM, Blogger JC joked...

As I was reading this post thoughts came to my mind as to what I should comment, but Shainerz summed it up perfectly. Just be yourself. All of us are a work in progress...yourself as well as your future mate!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home