Monday, October 17, 2005

No post for a while

Sorry guys (I'm including my 1.3 women readers too) I haven't posted in over a week . . . 8 days . . . I've been rather busy playing Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory . . . Simply put: GREAT GAME! Well, maybe I'll write a review after I beat the game. Hold up; that was a review. . .
I thought I'd do one of my critically acclaimed CD reviews. I was annoyed last week that Wal-Mart (which sucks) didn't have the new LA Symphony. So I decided I would take a day to myself and travel to The Loot. I mean Duluth. My first inclination about where the new Symph would be was obviously Best Buy . . . I hit the jackpot there. That is my new favorite store (replacing Champ's). For real. . . They have a wide variety of Christian CDs. They even have the older stuff. . . sadly enough not the Original TFK- "Set it Off". But back to my review.

The CD has a few good themes for songs. They aren't even the typical rap-themes. . . You know guys and their healthy relationships with their moms & other women, their work at improving inner-city life and how they wisely invest their money. Oh wait, those aren't rap themes at all. But the themes LA Symphony "discusses" are how a house isn't a home without Mom and Dad being there; that a good, caring father is what influences a child. It's actually in a few songs. They crew even wrote an entire song about it, it's called "Pop's Song". Another theme is that through God all things are possible. The most prominant example of that is "Rise". One of the fellows describes how he found out he had a disease. He talks about the pain of having needles being injected in his back, the scars on his arms from the shots, and eating through a tube. He also discloses how he had to depend on God when they told him he may die. It just tugs at your heart. . . At least mine. The final theme is fans & their (the fans) attempts to give the LA Symphony advice, lyrics, and beats. You'd have to listen to it to appreciate the whole thing. Well all-in-all the CD has some great parts and some not-so-great parts. . . We'll call them good parts. So I would give the CD a 8.9 but because of the content it pushes it to a 9.3. It's worth buying. Until next time . . .

naD euqseregnaD

4 Comments:

At 12:11 PM, Blogger Shainerz joked...

I'll have to check to see if Best Buy has the 4th Avenue Jones cd. I haven't been able to find that, not that I was expecting it to be at Target anyway. You learn to appreciate Wal-mart when you don't have one! I think I'd rather have Wal-mart than Target.

 
At 6:29 PM, Blogger Reinman joked...

I would give the post a 8.9 but because of "The Loot" it pushes it to a 9.3

 
At 3:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous joked...

Yeah you need to post more often

 
At 10:27 AM, Blogger Nell, your friendly Red Wing Corrections Officer joked...

Well..... hmmmmm...... enough reviews, tell us a story!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home