Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Golden Post

Well kiddies, this is my golden post. Number 83. . . You see I was born in 83. I should try and make it my best, right? Well how to do it? I could do a review of some of my favorite posts or ramble on about a semi-political issue (such as how Congress is doing the right thing by their approach to baseball and regulating the steroid issue). But I think a stupid story of some "great" thing I've done is what I'll write about.

So I recently undertook the historied hobby of reading. When I was a young child, I used to read a lot. I thoroughly enjoyed it, but then I just strayed from it. Even when I had classes in junior/high school, I hardly read the assigned books. But I recently read a great book. . . without planning to read the sequels. I checked out a sequel without the intent of reading it (I'm being honest here). But when I finished the first book, I needed more. So I read the second of the stories and about half-way through I was bored out of my mind. I trudged on. To me it was kind of like reading "that one book" (you know which one I'm talking about). Got almost to the end and said, "Ok it improved." I eagerly waited for the next day when I could finish the book and get the third in the series. . . WOW! Fast paced this book is. I hope this isn't a one-time thing. Well that's the great thing I did. Was I vague enough? Or is it not that great?

Dan

6 Comments:

At 6:32 PM, Blogger JC joked...

You are funny.
I'm glad you enjoyed it.
DEC 9...............

 
At 8:01 PM, Blogger Reinman joked...

Just ask the Colonel, the third ("third" only if you read them in the proper order, which it sounds like you are) is arguably the best one. And you're right, the overall plot device -- journeying from island to island -- helps it move quickly.

Also, "Prince Caspian" does, indeed, stink. If LWW turns out to be a successful movie, leading to a series, I don't know how they'll handle Caspian.

If it were up to me, I would just gloss over it in a ten minute introduction to "Dawn Treader" (and consequently, incur the wrath of diehard fans everywhere).

Happy Golden Post Day

 
At 10:53 PM, Blogger Colonel Havoc joked...

Dan got a lot of good advice at the Coffee House about the "right order". Graceland King was actually there that night, too. We fondly recalled favorite moments in the series and lamented the unfortunate, euphorian, even Lucasian reordering fo the sequence. I've actually been telling people, "You want to see my children REALLY irate? Don't ask them about liberals in congress, the price of gas, or even the Chicago White Sox. Just mention the order of Narnia Books."

"Dawn Treader" Rocks

 
At 4:41 PM, Blogger [ brooke ] joked...

And you said you didn't want to read Chronicles of Narnia! Fool!

 
At 5:06 PM, Blogger Graceland King joked...

"Dawn Treader" is neck and neck in my mind with "Wardrobe" as the best. But my favorite moment was in "The Horse and His Boy." Down with the Calormines!

 
At 2:22 PM, Blogger Nell, your friendly Red Wing Corrections Officer joked...

I don't even remember how those books go, but I did read them once a long, long time ago......... but I figure not I can avoid reading them again by renting the movie when it comes out! You will have to compare and contrast once it comes out!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home