Tuesday, March 18, 2008

I See Proof, Where's the Pudding?

Salutations! I thought it was time for a new post. And this one kind of deals with a current battle of mine.
Often times in life and daily activities, I find myself feeling the need to validate myself to others. I feel I should watch what I say, how I say it, what I do, etc. Not for any particular reason other than to prove myself to them . . . to gain their approval . . . to feel accepted by them and understood. It's terrible to think about because you get to thinking and the devil comes and whispers in your ear. "Yeah, but . . ." But here's where a bigger struggle comes in: I often feel the need to gain God's approval on my life. It sounds like a good thing but I tend to wrestle more with a need to validate His love for me. I simply cannot comprehend it! I need to think of reasons of: Why DOES He love me so much? I am not good enough for His love and grace. Why me? The answer can be found in Scripture. I give you proof. Isaiah 55: 8-9

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts neither are your ways my ways," declares the LORD. "As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts"

That's all the proof I need. Now, I just need to work on why I try and gain man's approval in life. I mean, ALL men are fallible. I just need to remember that being me is being the man God wants me to be. I've been the boy the world wanted me to be; and that brought me to the places God wasn't. And, I never want to go back.

1 Comments:

At 1:42 PM, Blogger Shainerz joked...

That's all the proof I need. Now, I just need to work on why I try and gain man's approval in life. I mean, ALL men are fallible. I just need to remember that being me is being the man God wants me to be. I've been the boy the world wanted me to be; and that brought me to the places God wasn't. And, I never want to go back.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home