Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Come along

Today for the sake of posting I am posting. I know I over-reacted to the Vikings draft but my point was moot. I was just trying to say rather than take the best player available they took speed. I am not in charge of the draft though . . . much like with Randy Moss perhaps this kid will be a hidden talent; I can only hope he doesn't act much the same way.

I saw Enemy At The Gates. I have to write my 6 page paper on it. I also have to write my argument paper. I still need a relevant topic . . . but not a "hot issue." Back to the movie. It was a cool concept but the story lacked. It was much like Pearl Harbor. . .a love story intertwined with a war story. It wasn't as good as people said it was. The acting was very good. Ed Harris was my favorite actor in it. It took a major hit for the sex scene right in the middle of the movie's story that is unecessary. So it goes from a B+(pre-sex scene) to C-(post). It(the entire movie) could have been so much better with out that scene. I also heard from my teacher that other than the Germans, the Russians, the fact there was a Stalingrad, and a Vasili Zaitsev- the rest is bull-hockey(notice the real one looks nothing like Jude Law). Yeah, when will there be clean war-movies? I don't mind the gore and blood. It is history. But sex is unneeded in movies. And another thing why do they have to put love stories in them? Are they trying to attract women and weak-minded men to it? If I go to a war movie, I expect just that: a war movie. No sex or love stories. . . . just people's intestines laying out, limbs seperated, pools of blood. The stuff that makes war . . .hell.

Disgusted Dan

It hasn't hasn't always gone my way it doesn't mean it wasn't meant to be. It doesn't mean I've been so selfish.

Master Shake "Plaque is a figment of the liberal media and the dental industry to scare you into buying useless appliances and pastes. Now, I've heard the arguments on both sides, and there is nothing to convince me of the need to brush your teeth. "

2 Comments:

At 10:51 AM, Blogger Nell, your friendly Red Wing Corrections Officer joked...

Hmmmm.... the draft is interesting this year, it will be interesting to see how it pans out. Hey, the Vikings should be better then last year, and Moss was really no loss with that attitude of his. Did you see the Fox 9 news interview with the owner of the Vikings, he said Moss caused to many problems in the locker room and didn't get along with the guys so well. With his talent he should take people under his wing like Carter, and be an example. We can do without Moss, and chances are fun to take sometimes.

 
At 10:05 AM, Blogger JC joked...

Just checking in...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home