Monday, May 30, 2005

America.

Well I am the son of an "Army-Man". I took 4 years of a class in High School that was near and dear to my heart with the principles taught. This is a side-track, but now Hibbing wants to cut that class and in my opinion it's a crying shame. Hibbing could cut other useless courses or other things that produce no money. But back to my point, today is a day for remembering what so many have done to protect our freedom. There is no better example of those people than the World War II generation. But I want to make one thing clear. They may be the most famous of the generations to sacrifice for their country but I think another generation did even more to save freedom than any other. Granted their moral-integrity may not have been the best but their defense of freedom was very close to that of our forefathers. What generation is that? The (American) Civil War generation. Farfetched? No. They may have looked down upon people because of their skin color but they knew full well what human rights had to be observed. They went to war with their brothers, fathers, uncles to preserve the God-given right of freedom. So perhaps I may be stretching the fabric of what Memorial day is but I always thought it was for those who have gone to war to protect and honor Freedom. I will make this addition to a great generation of people who have gone to defend freedom. The case this time is in another part of the world. Vietnam vets . . . I appreciate what you did. Had I been alive at that time, I would have congratulated you for doing something I don't think I'd have the stomach to do. You are heroes (All of you who acted accordingly to the Geneva Convention). Thank-you to all the men who went to defend the cause of freedom when I know I couldn't do it. You are more courageous than I.

D-Dan

(If you're reading and not leaving a comment you're stealing from the author and America itself.)

7 Comments:

At 8:07 PM, Blogger JC joked...

Here Here...I'm tired of Memorial Day being a kick off to the summer. You are right on...this is a weekend to honor our vets. Our flag was raised today.

 
At 1:28 PM, Blogger Nell, your friendly Red Wing Corrections Officer joked...

Good point, we need to honor those who have fought and are fighting for our country. Part of that honor would be enjoying the day and the freedom they have fought for us to keep. It warmed my heart to see families out on such a beautiful day! This is all made possible through those who give up their time and lives to serve our country.

 
At 4:05 PM, Blogger Graceland King joked...

How badly I want to start an argument with you right now, but that would come across as very unpatriotic and french of me, so I won't. But I will say this, the only freedom that means anything is not the so called freedom that humanists try to impose on us.

thank you, thank you very much.

 
At 6:33 PM, Blogger jac-atac joked...

I wouldn't want to steal from you, Kranny.

 
At 12:35 AM, Blogger Faye... joked...

I left a comment for you on my blog....sorry , I couldn't get into yours at the time . Check it out~

 
At 3:47 PM, Blogger Faye... joked...

Thanks ~ I liked the last one and it worked on my profile...it's there any way. Lets see if it shows up on my main blog! Your the man!!!

 
At 4:28 PM, Blogger Faye... joked...

OK...now you can tell me how to add links. Is there any way to just cut and paste?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home