Thursday, June 02, 2005

Right . . .

Well today is almost over. I have 15 minutes to get this post in. I felt rather poorly today. Not because I'm sick or anything. I didn't do anything wrong. So why was I feeling bad? Well let me start with this: I put my dog, Morgan, outside this morning at 9:30 or so. So, she's outside no more than 5 minutes when I went to bring her in. I look at her face and it's puffed out. It basically looks like she's been stung by an insect on both eyes. That's happened before. She'd been stung by what I believe to be a wasp. In that case, her eye was all puffy and there was a large cut over it. So today, I look at the ground to see if there are any dead insects out there. None. So now I'm not sure what it was. I called my dad to inform him of her condition, he recommends putting her in her kennel for the day. My step-mom gets home and notices the poor pooch's entire face is swelling. So now I feel even worse for her. So now if anyone out there has any idea what happened comment. I am at a loss. She didn't even whine or yelp when it happened.

So I have a question for you off the subject of my dog. Ever notice the two types of "energy drinks" out there? There are the heavily caffeinated one who enough sugar to send a diabetic into shock. And then there are the herbal ones. Which is better?

Darkwing Dan

After a closer inspection today, a still swollen face, and the sensitivity to light (not to mention some shuddering) I have determined to be someone pepper-sprayed her. (I'm not just saying it for no reason, I never found any stingers or puncture wounds on her. Plus when I washed her face yesterday the swelling went down dramatically after an hour or so.)

2 Comments:

At 2:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous joked...

...personally I would go with the sugar. Only because your body knows what to do with excess sugar , like turning it over to your liver and store it as glucose. Where as herbs ...ya just don't know. They've got some great energy drinks out there. Do a "lite" there not as bad!!!FLG

 
At 10:54 AM, Blogger Nell, your friendly Red Wing Corrections Officer joked...

Hmmm.. Sugar is bad, but enjoy it while you can!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home