Sunday, July 17, 2005

Pines and Mines

No, I didn't go to the "Not-so-crafty-craft" show. But I did go to the softball tournament. I even played in a game; it was rather unexpected though. I showed up "hoping" to take book. I like doing it. It gives me something to do. But when only 9 guys showed up. The fellows were like "Kranny, welcome to the team. You're our right fielder; our honorary right fielder." My only reaction was: "Dear Jesus, don't make me have to hit. I'm a lil' out of practice in that area." Not to say I've never been a hitter. When I was in high school, I was a power hitter. It's been7 years since the last time I'd stepped to the plate. I forgot my stance and my swing. So my first AB, I took a "BB". The team was overjoyed. In fact, Brandon Monson said I'd have the highest average of the day. Too bad a walk doesn't count for stats. But before I go on with the story, let me say Wayne (the coolest fellow ever) told me I was catcher. So I played catcher. My next AB consisted of me going 2-0. Then I was an idiot. I swung on what I believed to be the perfect pitch (which it was). I hit into a double play. Sadly enough though, on my way to first, I forgot to watch where I was going. So I noticed I was at first and "stepped" on the bag. That being said, I really actually, put 2 toes on it and slipped off. I fell and my leg was a bloody mess in less than a minute. Well the ump told me when we walked back on the field to wash it. So we did next time we were batting. Then when we were back out in the field he told me to cover it up. The good fellow, Wayne, wrapped it up for me (not to mention washing it). Well we ended up losing the game in the bottom of the 7th. But to be honest, it didn't matter. We all had fun and that's what it is all about. So now my leg is all cleaned, but oozing some nasty looking stuff along with blood. So it's wrapped back up. If you see my leg- don't be too concerned. I wrapped it for your protection.

Dangeresque Duck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home