Monday, June 20, 2005

BFF- Boaw Fom Froosh

Well kiddies (kiddies is a generalizing term for those 9-92, The oldies are those younger than 2 and older than 92), yesterday was Father's Day and not Farmers Day like I thought at 3 AM on Saturday/Sunday/Tigerday. Seriously, who knows what day it is at 3 AM? But so now I must find a way to tie this all together so read carefully.

After church we had softball practice, I tried my hand out in the field and hurt my shoulder/neck So I decided to take my place for Monday: THE BENCH!!!! I play that position like A-Rod plays Tennis. But anyhow, I came home afterwards and had to inflate tires, weed-whack my neighbor's yard until she needed me to run to the gas-station for gas for her. She apparently is scared to death to do it. So I willingly went. He husband is going to be 92 this Thursday. I've known them since I was in 1st grade. Very nice people. But back to the story. . .

We ate dinner at like 6:30 or so. Afterwards, my brother, my father, and I all got into a disagreement over what else . . . politics. But it wasn't a normal issue, you know: taxes, hot issues (see me for the details and my views on them if interested I won't put my view on here, not good to mix politics and blogs), or (D) vs. (R). It was on whether the government should be forcing children to learn Spanish and English in the southern states. My brother feels they should be forced to learn both and thusly have a poorer education than traditional English-speaking students. My dad and I felt that if they (immigrants from Spanish-speaking countires) don't want to learn English, then they can leave. My ancestors came from Poland, Croatia (Dalmatia), Norway, Finland, and Sweden. In fact, a lot of people in this area's relatives came from the same areas, but we don't speak those languages as official languages. If they want to teach Spanish, make it electives. I am a strong supporter of the EFA (English First Amendment). It is shown in studies that students who are forced to learn in both Spanish and English test at such a low percentile that they struggle with the basics. And I don't want to be asked how I know because this year I got to know a few students well enough to the point where they told me their background. They weren't given the proper time/care in high school because they were forced to learn bi-lingual education. The teachers would struggle trying to teach in both languages. Imagine learning learning math in an already poor learning environment, then add on learning it in Spanish as well; Not good.


After I was finished crushing my brothers points into the ground, I stood up and said very boldly & loudly, "Those views are liberalistic and I will not tolerate them in my house!" My dad, step-mother, and step-sister busted up laughing. I then ended up finishing the day by quoting well . . . myself, "It's just like the floor of the Senate the (insert God's Own Party here) wins and the (Devil's Foreign Legion inserted here) doesn't have a leg to stand on."

(D)-crushing Dan

(Jesus, please forgive me for making this post political. When created, it was never my intent on having this as writing materials.)

Happy Farmer's Day

3 Comments:

At 1:25 PM, Blogger [ brooke ] joked...

I'm glad you had such a good day.

 
At 3:52 PM, Blogger JC joked...

I like the new lay-out.

 
At 9:17 PM, Blogger Graceland King joked...

But how hard is it to find faults with the left wing ideology? stick it to the man!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home