Saturday, July 02, 2005

Happy 46th

This is my 46th post on this blog. Since today is July 2nd, I thought I'd do something to honor the occasion. I figure I'd share a few of my thoughts. I usually don't put my personal thoughts on here, but in honor of 46 I will.

Recently, it occurred to me that not everyone likes me as a person. I have been thinking of stuff I could have done wrong and I just thought I'd apologize. If I offended you in anyway; I'm sorry.

But to move onto my point, tonight Satan is trying to get me to think ill of people who may have not said "Hi." to me in church or who just don't talk to me period. I am resisting him with my all. Now, why think that way? Why is it that our flesh thinks: "Someone didn't talk to me, I must have done something to put them off. Even worse they just don't like me?" Why don't we make stands of faith against the devil? My opinion is that because rather than go to God and ask him if we've offended someone, we let our human nature creep in and assume the worst. Either that, or we just give into Satan and we begin to think ill of the person. I do not think ill of anyone but the temptation is there. I don't know if this makes any sense or if anyone will even read this. But I needed to get this out in the open so it doesn't tear me up inside.

I don't know if anyone is familiar with the Switchfoot song "Dare You to Move", but if you feel that way; I am daring you to get up and move out of that mentality. I have a dicken of a time even trying to get rid of the temptation of it. What happens if the person who you have a "beef" with finds out? You can hurt the person deeply. It's not worth it, is it? These are some risks with a mentality of that: You may cause them to stumble and if they are non-christian you may put them off to Jesus. You give the word "christian" a reputation for which it is not intended to have. Or, you give yourself a poor witness. But the worst part of holding that grudge is that you won't be able to enter the kingdom of the living God. You should go to the person and tell them what problem you have with them. And if you are the person with whom someone has a "tiff" with, go to the person, apologize and ask if there is anything you can do to wipe the slate clean. And I would also like to add this: If you are a non-Christian reading this, I do want to encourage you to drop your grudges because they will weigh you down over time or even go to people (person) with whom you have disagreements with( or that you don't like) and settle them. They aren't worth missing heaven over.



Kranny

Friends, I wish you all a happy July 4th. This is America's 229th birthday. I also would like to pray for the court system of America to become stricter on sex-offenders. Once more they cost another child his life. Prayers also for the family of the small boy who is presumed dead and his sister whom the authorities found.

2 Comments:

At 4:26 PM, Blogger Newsy joked...

Happy 46th post! Life is too short to not talk to someone, and it would be very dificult to spend eternity with someone your not talking to.

 
At 10:23 AM, Blogger [ brooke ] joked...

It does seem like you don't like people some times, but we're all like that. And I know sometimes it may seem like I hate you (which I definately do not), and I'm sorry. I just hope you can forgive me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home